Sales Strategies | Learn from the Past; Work in the Present, Plan for the Future: Make it Happen!
In planning for your future, it is always wise to take some time to think about past history and what we can learn from it in order to more fully enjoy and maximize our present position – personally and professionally – and not repeat past mistakes. Also, taking time to think about what we want our future to look like allows us to put plans in action NOW in order to achieve those goals. Here are some good questions/lessons to think about. . .
What We Can Learn From The Past:
1. Where were our most rewarding prospecting efforts focused?
2. Always fine tune our communication skills – both verbal and written!
3. Finish one task before you start another.
4. Have our hand in all market segments in case one or the other falls off.
What We Want Our Future to Look Like (create your own goals here – here’s an example!):
1. Own the Hospitality Industry – Be the Benchmark – Create the Trends
2. Make our personal financial goals.
3. Make exceeding our customer’s satisfaction a primary goal so they become our biggest fans and sources for referral business.
4. Work smarter, not harder!
What We Will Do in the Present to Make it All Happen:
1. Market to who is spending money now
2. Connect with all aspects of your business – Target all markets
3. Build on current business to accommodate their expanding needs
4. Increase prices if appropriate and timely
5. Work your marketing plan!
6. Have a balanced life. . .
Article by Lynne LaFond DeLuca, Sr. Vice President